My Top List
- Doom - All Time Favorite Software Product ;) - DOOM II, Fav. Weapons - Double barrel shotgun, Plasma Gun. Best time on the 7th level, with difficulty level - Ultra Violence - 1:47. 2 min. was a pass into the Doomers club back then ;) (LMP saved, for the history, and next generation.
- Doom III (Minor Spoilers!) - Mini review of my new favorite game. Like I said it has minor spoilers, you may not wanna read it if you have not played yet, although by now you must've.
- Half Life 2 - Mini review with spoilers. Nice game, fav. weapons Shotgun, Gravity gun, Magnum revolver.
- Quake III Arena, fav. weapons - Double shotgun. besides being a real gent's weapon, that's a blast for deathmatch ;) As a contribution to Linux society I honestly purchased Linux version, you're encouraged to support Linuxoids as well ;);
- Unreal, fav. weapons - Sniper rifle (I suppose .50 BMG Caliber, at least looks like one to me :), Rocket Launcher; Though have to admit the weapons in general, suck big time in Unreal. Actually the engine, views & the botmatch are fantastic. The rest is not worth much. Levels are too big and eventually you get just bored wondering around. Supplies of live enemies are depleted much faster than you are going to find an exit. Weapons are annoyingly Target Specific etc...
- Quake II, fav. weapons - Railgun(Plinking with Depleted Uranium Slugs is very entertaining ;), double shotgun; Well done, and good soundtrack :) Especially the Descending To Cerberon by Sonic Mayhem;
- Duke Nukem, fav. weapons - Devastator, Shotgun. Interesting when they are going to release DN 3D? Last millenium wasn't good enough?
- Blood, fav. weapons - Sawed-Off Shotgun, Napalm Launcher;Was a good one for its time :) Fresh ideas with sounds, zombies and other undead and living dead creatures.
- Wolftenstein 3D, Chaingun.(Classics, this is where it all has began);
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R - It's not pure RPG, rather a mix of RPG/FPS. I've played this game for last 2 years, which is quite an accomplishment. Overall it's a very good game if you are playing with mods and several patches. Donno what's so wrong in GSC, but they released both S.T.A.L.K.E.R and S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky buggy as hell. It's not just random crashes, but bugs that prevent you from progressing any further in the game, joining the factions, etc. Still, thanks to modding community the game is much better and immensly immersive. Solyanka mod which I think is the best for Stalker, happens to be the largest collection of adapted mods, about 30 levels, including adapted CS levels. Still playing, after all those years.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call Of Pripyat - Much better compared to Stalker CS, and with Sigerious SGM 2.2 mod, makes a very enjoyable game, especially with the new levels adapted from CS. That was the main drawback, just 3 levels in the original Stalker CoP. I certainly hope GSC will manage Stalker 2 and wish them the best.
- Deus Ex. - The best RPG ever, so far. I do hope something better to at least comparable will ever come out. Scenario is just terrific and the overall game was done brilliantly :) Was good enough to go through it twice. Still alive on my HD. The most interesting game I've ever played, Half life was almost as interesting until at the end they've ruined it all. Deus Ex rulez from the beginning to the end.
- Deus Ex II - Invisible War. - The long awaited sequel to Deus Ex I. Was delayed only by 2 quorters ;) Considering what others do, i.e. delaying announced games for years this isn't that bad. I liked the game, not as good as DE I, but still enjoyable. Was enough to keep up me playing few nights in a row, till I finished it. I'd give it 8 out of 10. Combat isn't the best side of this game, but on the other hand Deus ex was never about combat. Plot is interesting, and you have more freedom of actin compared to DEI. What really was disapointing about DE2 is its resource greedyness. My rig, which is P4 3.2ghz 800mhz FSB overclocked to 3.7ghz/232FBS with Radeon 9800XT 256 MB card, also overclocked, could barely handle 1280x1024 resolution w/o anti aliasing. IMHO that's too much, what the heck do they expect us to buy anyways when coding like that?
- Command & Conquer 3, Kane's Wrath
- Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour
- Warlord II, III
- Dune II
- Dune 2000
Though I've never been a big fan of this type, still sometimes I play that for days(and nights)...
P.S. Now, despite of all you've read above I am not a maniac shooting on sight ;) All the shooting I do, is conducted either on the computer or in the shooting club with my favorite guns. No I don't have a railgun or BFG-9000 at home along with the napalm launcher, or even sawed-off shotgun, FYI, doing so(sawing-off a long gun) is a felony in US, just a couple of very nice guns. Check out my Firearms page.