Fixes some of the issues with synchronization and a random db corruption.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 23:08:35
- Fixes a crash when tapping more button, iOS 10 specific.
- Reworked all views to support all device sizes correctly including iPhone 7/7+.
- Misc. performance optimizations.
- Latest database snapshot.
Thursday, September 29, 2016 23:31:06
Reader comment received, did additional search, posted more precise composition.
Monday, September 26, 2016 21:38:28
Low alloy, high Carbon steel. No longer produced, from what I was able to find out was in production in 1970s. One of the producers was Bohler. Few tons are still available for knifemakers, which is a plenty of knives, Achim Wirtz has some for sale as fr as I know.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016 22:19:15
One more custom knife from Shiichi Watanabe. A present for my friend's birthday. I did get to play with it, and aside from its really gorgeous looks, the knife has extremely good cutting performance. Simply put, pleasure to use, on top of pleasure to look at. I'll be getting one like that too.
Monday, April 11, 2016 23:06:54
Thanks to the reader for sending the link. Upgrade over Carpenter CTS-BD1 steel. Adds more Chromium and some Nitrogen to the mix. Should be an improvement. No field reports so far.
Monday, March 21, 2016 20:08:50
- Fixed synchronization stream compression
- Added handler for connectivity failures and unexpected server responses
- Fixed unsorted list after running an empty search from filters dialog
- Added warning when device has insufficient space for install/upgrade
- Being in sync with zknives.com no longer reported as an error
- Support for iOS 9.x and new devices
- Fixed a crash when attempting to export empty bookmarks set
- Latest db snapshot
- Updated Help File
Tuesday, January 26, 2016 08:57:17
Fixed synchronization stream compression. Mandatory upgrade due to synchronization protocol changes.
Sunday, January 3, 2016 23:08:35
Several bug fixes, improved error handling, updated help file and database snapshot. If you encounter Unexpected Response type error during database sync please email me the error to help fix the issues.
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:52:31
Picked up Pallas in August, used as EDC for several months, finally got around doing the review. I liked it a lot, mainly because of the very solid construction, superb build quality and a button lock, because I am really tired of the framelocks and I do not think they're all that great, yeah they do the job of locking the knife very well, but there are plenty of other locks not requiring differen left and right handle slabs and still locking the knife very securely and are easy to operate. Button lock is like that. Crucible CPM S35VN stainless steel was also a point of interest. Solid performer, if it was up to me, I'd still have it in 61-62HRC range, but it wasn't :) Well, not all knives are super efficient cutters, and Pallas is more in the hard use folder category, and for that role Pallas does perform well. Details in the link above.
Sunday, November 8, 2015 22:05:33